We are returning to the U.S. on May 27th.
After much prayer, counselling, and seeking guidance, we decided to step away from the coast of Kenya where we were living among the Digo people. We have been in Nairobi the past month. We have had many meetings with leadership, counselling sessions, doctor appointments, and business to complete before leaving.
Results from the past month:
- All 3 of us have had physicals and have been given a clean bill of health.
- Claudia has improved so much in the past month. She has been released from her Psychiatrist here in Kenya. She is still on medication. We will seek a doctor in the U.S. to start weaning her off the medication in 6 months.
- Jeremy had Lasik eye surgery 3 weeks ago and is healing well.
- We have completed our End of Term with Eastern Region within AIM.
- We have had several meetings with Southern Region within AIM about the possibilities of returning to Tsumkwe, Namibia among the San Bushman.
- Jeremy has met to learn about The Timothy Initiative (TTI).
- We have sold our vehicle.
Where we are going from here:
- We are seeking guidance from God individually and seeking corporate guidance from you our supporters. Please pray with us.
- We are confident God will reveal in the next 6 weeks which direction in life to go. Return to Namibia or seek another ministry opportunity in the U.S.
- If God is leading us back to Namibia, Jeremy will return to Africa the first part of July on a vision trip with The Timothy Initiative. This will help us make a final decision.
How to pray with us:
- Returning to Namibia would be a four-year commitment broken into two 2-year terms with a home assignment between the terms.
- The best way to reach the Bushman within those 4 years: The Timothy Initiative, One Story Oral Bible Story set, Farming God’s Way, or another way.
- A future team to return to Tsumkwe. The Unit Leader of Namibia would be the team leader which we have full confidence in his leadership ability. For team members that would join us to reach the San.
- Work visas renewal for our Unit Leader to stay in country. He has worked very hard the past year to look for the best way to obtain work visas. He believes there should not be a problem anymore. If he can renew his work visa, we have more confidence and obtaining new work visas for us.
- Staying in the U.S. would be starting completely over. God would need to open doors for employment, housing, vehicles, childcare, insurance etc. There are so many unknowns to take this turn?????
So many times, we settle for something that is good. We want God’s best for ALL 3 of us. This may not be the easiest road to take. Turning right or left presents challenges. We are leaning on God to guide and not on our own understandings. We are trusting God completely. Proverbs 3:5-6
We will send out another update at the end of June of which direction God is leading us. We have to give AIM a final decision by the end of July.
Will you join us in praying the prayer below?
Father will make it clear whether we are to return to Namibia or stay in the States. We are praying that you speak not only to us but to our supporters and friends. Give us ears to hear a unified decision and wisdom to see Your path for our lives. We ask for humbleness as others speak into our lives. Amen.
Thank you all for your love, support and prayers. Jeremy, Claudia & Anastasia